The Warco-Falvo Funeral Home, Inc. was originally founded in May of 1934 by Robert Clark Gordon. The funeral home was then known as the Robert C. Gordon Home for Funerals. Robert Gordon operated the funeral home for 44 years along side his wife Muriel Schaffer Gordon at 336 Wilson Avenue in Washington, PA. In July of 1978 S. Timothy and Susan Falvo Warco purchased the funeral home from the Gordon Family. The funeral home has remained in the same location for the past 72 years.
In 2000, Susan and Tim decided to completely renovate the existing funeral home facility. The renovation included a new funeral chapel, four new viewing rooms, a childrenís play room, a new coffee lounge, new arrangement offices, new handicap accessible restrooms, and a new casket and vault display room. The facility maintains a state of the art embalming and preparatory room that was engineered by the Champion Embalming Fluid Company. The entire facility is totally handicap accessible and smoke free. During visitations, families and visitors are greeted upon arrival by parking attendants who valet park automobiles upon request.
S. Timothy Warco serves as the Supervisor/Funeral Director of the funeral home. Susan Falvo Warco serves as another Funeral Director with the firm and also as the Office Manager. S. Timothy Warco II, and Holly Renay Warco Salsi are the other two licensed Funeral Directors on staff. The entire Warco family are graduates of the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. The Warco family is involved in many religious, civic, fraternal, and community organizations. The Warco-Falvo Funeral Home, Inc. is also a member of several professional funeral associations. S. Timothy Warco also has served as Washington County Coroner since 1992 and is an active member of the Pennsylvania State Coronerís Association.